Questions to consider:
- What is your work day hours like?
- What are your expectations for yourself?
- Who sets your parameters (i.e. your working hours) and why are you setting them the way you are.
- What are your priorities?
- Are you managing your time correctly?
Online resources to use:
- 30 Time Management Tips for Work-Life Balance (Forbes Magazine)
- Work-life balance: Tips to regain control (Mayo Clinic)
- Work-life balance in academia (Next Scientist)
- Improving your Work-Life Balance (Science Careers)
The Professor is In: Karen Kelsky, PhD, continued to explain how to hack the academic job search and focused on the art of acing the interview.
We were lucky enough to be joined by Cliff Ramsdell, PhD, Product Development Manager for Flow Cytometry in North America for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Cliff spoke about careers in commercial sciences as a often overlooked but richly rewarding way to use your analytical and research skills!