The key to time management is to 1. Prioritize what needs to be done, 2. Allocate yourself the right amount of time and 3. Reduce distractions and procrastination.
Suggested Discussion Topics:
- Strategies to prioritize what needs to be done
- Strategies on allocating time
- Pomodoro Method where you break down goals into tasks and then split your time into intervals with regular breaks.
- How to stay organized and on top of pressing demands
- Using technology to help get you organized: Create digital to-do lists and calendar items.
- Academic Scientists at Work: Where’d My Day Go? (Science Careers)
- iLearn CTSI Developing and Managing your Research Career (DMRC) Series: Time Management Tools and Strategies (you will need to register with your Tufts Login!)
- 8 Secrets Smart People Know About Time Management (Forbes Magazine)
- How to Manage Time with 10 Tips that Work (Entrepreneur)
- Hacking Time Management for the Bench Scientist (Insider Higher Ed)
- Time Management Chapter (HHMI: Making the Right Moves, A Practical Guide to Scientifıc Management for Postdocs and New Faculty).